Connecting Worlds, Changing Lives
Build a personal, international relationship with a Meninadança safe house in rural Brazil, get to know a group of girls on the other side of the world, and share life together through dance. Your school can make a personal contribution to our work and help girls who love to dance, but who desperately need a chance and a fresh start.
Share your news, events and dance achievements with The Pink House and they’ll share theirs with you in regular contact. Teach your students about the world and a new culture, raise their aspirations and give them an international perspective on life. Fill in the form below to discuss how your dance school can get involved.
Benefits of becoming a Meninadança Dance School Partner:
- Adds an extra dimension to your students´ learning and awareness of the world
- Involves the school, your students and their parents in a shared cause with personal contact with those in need
- Cultural exchange helps your students learn about Brazilian life and culture
- Increases your appeal by demonstrating corporate social responsibility
- Fundraising events and publicity can increase awareness of your business in your local area
As a Dance School Partner you will receive:
- A partner logo you can use on your website, printed materials, clothes etc.
- A framed certificate to display in your premises.
- Live link-ups via Skype with the girls in the Pink House, where each group can perform, ask questions and talk about their lives.
- Regular letters from our girls, with the opportunity for your students to send a letter back.
- A visit from someone from Meninadança to present our work, explain more about the girls´ lives and provide updates.
- Dance partner newsletters with updates on Meninadança´s work as well as news about activities and fundraising efforts of partner dance schools.
- Information and contact details of your school on our website.
- Opportunities to take part in national events with other dance school partners, and an annual dance competition.
What we expect from Dance School Partners:
- A monthly donation by standing order of at least £25
- At least one fundraising event per year
- At least one meeting with parents per year to explain Meninadança´s work and provide updates.
- A commitment of at least one year.